We are having our June Social meeting at the Port Dover Community Centre. All members and guests are welcome between noon and 9 p.m. Tables and chairs will be set up for socializing. Please bring:
- some cash in small denominations for our fundraising activities
- no-longer-wanted quilting related items to donate to the TQG Fundraiser table
- quilts for display
- I-Spy squares if you are participating in the swap (https://twilightquiltguild.ca/2022/04/22/fabric-swap-at-june-13-closing/)
- your stitching and items to sell if you have reserved a table through this linked questionnaire
- your own drinks and snacks
- your name tag
The TQG Fundraiser table of donated stash items will raise funds for our guild. Anyone “shopping” from that table will be expected to donate an appropriate amount for their chosen items.
Items for the TQG Fundraiser table and the I-Spy Swap will be collected at all times but open for shopping and swapping at set times so that a good range of choices can accumulate and everyone gets a chance to take part in the fun!
We’ll also be taking donations. Anyone donating $5 will get a chance for the free edge-to-edge longarm quilting of a twin-size quilt by Spooled Rotten Quilts. Multiple donations will give you multiple chances.
Tables and tent cards will be available for our quilt display. We encourage you to bring a few quilts so others can see them up close and find you to ask about what you’ve made (or tell you how fantastic your quilt is).
- Tables reserved for stitching or selling will be available at noon.
- We’ll begin accepting donations for the TQG Fundraiser table and fabric squares for the I-Spy swap.
2 to 2:30 p.m. || 4 to 4:30 p.m. || 6 to 6:30 p.m. || 8 p.m.
- Shopping from the TQG donation table and I-Spy swaps will be open at set times to accumulate an excellent selection of choices.
3:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- K &A Studios from Ingersoll will be ready to sell from their pop-up shop inside our event.
- TQG President, Jill Jackson, will speak briefly.
- Stitchers will start packing up machines and materials.
- See you in September!
We expect everyone coming to our closing to be vaccinated and boosted. Masks are optional. If you have any symptoms, please stay home. A negative test does not mean you are negative, if you have symptoms. Rapid tests might take days to convert to positive. No one has colds these days – it is often COVID-19 with not enough antibodies to register positive.