Over the 2020-21 TQG year, Sandra Croley created an instructional blog for the Modern BOM designed by the Knoxville Modern Quilt Guild.
Sandra introduced the BOM in August 2020. In September she put together some tips for choosing fabrics and shared a photo tutorial for the first block.
- Our September block is Zig Zag. Download the PDF here. And see Sandra’s block construction notes here!
- Woven is our October block. You can download the PDF here and find Sandra’s block construction notes here!
- We are using foundation paper piecing to make November’s Chevron block. Sandra’s instructions are here!
- December Diamonds can be found here!
- More easy Foundation Paper Piecing! January is Pixels and can be found here!
- Raw Edges, the first block for February, can be found here!
- Curves, our second February block, can be found here!
- March #1 is here!
- March #2 is here.
- April is here!
- May is here!
- Our wrap up for June with the last block, Circle of Geese, and some alternate layout ideas! Hope you enjoyed your journey!
Alternate Block Layouts
This article by Polka Dot Chair has two easy layouts. She also has a round up of 12 links to additional options at the bottom of her post.
Have you ever thought about putting sashing on just two sides of each block? Periwinkle Quilting and Beyond has – you can see some layouts and find out how on the store’s blog.
Special thanks to the Knoxville Modern Quilt Guild for designing this fabulous BOM! And the Oakville Quilters’ Guild for the great PDF patterns!
Follow along on Instagram #tqgmodernBOM